5.1.15

Orange Chicken

Yes... so typically I know. But being at home and away from campus has made me miss the deliciously guilty taste of Panda Express's Orange Chicken. I am not even ashamed to say that I would eat that every day if I could. So with the leftover lone orange from my Mimosa Cupcakes adventures, I decided what a better use for that loner of an orange than to fulfill that void in my heart that calls for orange chicken. 

So began my search on the fantastic internet for a good orange chicken recipe... however, with me being sick and on strict orders to stay inside my house I could only attempt to copy the recipes to my best lazy ability :P Although it turned out not exactly like my beloved Panda Express's Orange Chicken - too healthy and not deep fried enough ugh.. - it was still yummy despite its fatal flaws!



So began the orange's sacrifice for the greater goods of my cravings. 

All the self-less chicken pieces simmering in the pan! The sauce from this was so delicious because it was simmering in the pan for a while... partly because I was getting too engrossed in the Friends episode I was watching, but I will say that it was for the greater good of the dish that the chicken stayed in the pan for a while ;)


Tada! Here's the final product, all dressed up for the camera. 

Orange Chicken Recipe:
- 3 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 clove garlic
½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- juice from 1 orange ~about a little less than a cup
- orange zest - amount up to your indiscretion 
- vegetable oil 
- green scallion
- parsley 

  1.  Cut up the thawed and slimy chicken breasts into bite-sized cubes... ugh I hate the feeling of raw meat so I just try to think of the delicious end product while I deal with the slimy piece of mess in front of me.
  2. Put chicken into a bowl and mix in the soy sauce, honey, orange juice, and orange zest. 
  3. Let it marinade while you gallivant away and pour vegetable oil in the pan enough to cover the surface. 
  4. Next, dice the garlic into little pieces and saute it in the pan until golden brown.
  5. Put all the content in the chicken bowl into the pan, juices and all (it's the best part!)
  6. Keep cooking the chicken on medium heat until the sauces have reduced to a thicker sauce and the chicken have turn into a deep golden brown from the sauce.
  7. Serve the chicken with a sprinkling of green scallion and parsley on top, wit of course sriracha and rice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment