27.10.15

Adventures // Exploring LA

My internship has been all I wanted and more, not only have I gained so much from class and my internship placement I also get to be in California for the entire summer! This has been super exciting for me to be able to explore LA and all it has to offer. 


We visited La Brea Tar Pits, this is a museum where there are dinosaur fossils. But since we got there late the museum was closed, so we contented ourselves with exploring the outside and climbing on random creatures. Attempting to get on top of this bear was not easy, my face may or may not have been squished into someone's butt during my attempt of climbing on... 



One of my favorite movie is No Strings Attached and part of the movie took place outside of the LA County Museum of Art (LACMA). This is where they were fighting after their date, needless to say I was super excited to see all the lamp posts in person!

On the days that our internships would end early, my friends and I would drag our bums to the beach. Although there are a lot of gorgeous beaches, the most memorable would be Venice Beach for me. The vibes, the performers, the street vendors - this place has it all!

For 4th of July, some of my friends and I went to Downtown LA for a free event the city was holding. There were a bunch of artsy activities we got to partake in, this picture shows one of them where we painted the fence! We ate delicious food from food trucks and watched fireworks sprouting out of the trees. It was a really fun way to spend 4th of July with the other people from my program. 
One of my favorite places in LA is The Perch. There is a balcony overlooking what feels like all of LA... but in reality due to the smog only partial view of downtown LA.

Laguna beach! The drive from LA down to Laguna took foreverrrr, but it was soo worth it. I have an embarrassing confession... I am a huge junk TV addict. So going to Laguna Beach fulfilled all of my wild teenage dreams of being Lauren Conrad. 


Last but not least, one of my favorite part of the summer was having my friends coming to visit. I felt so bad because the weather was horrible the weekend they were in town so when we went to the beach we got rained out. But we did get a chance to go to Six Flags! And it was just really good to see some familiar faces. 


No comments:

Post a Comment