28.10.15

Medical School Interview Outfit


 So you finally got that precious email with "Blahh Blahh blahh INTERVIEW INVITE"! Now you're jumping for joy because you're one step closer to the dream that you have worked so hard toward. However, now you have to think about the next steps - interview prep, plane tickets or walk there to save money, host or hotel, pant suit or skirt suit, heels or flat... and the list goes on!

I am no means an expert, but fortunately one of my adviser is very knowledgeable regarding image/branding  and he has been a tremendous help in this whole process. Today, I will talk about my interview outfit and note this is just my opinion and personal preference. So for your interview outfit, take liberty do what you're comfortable with and feel confident in!


Suit: Express

Being on the shorter side... ok on the very short side I feel like pants in general and especially pant suits swallow me up. Therefore, I choose skirt over pants. I think it looks professional yet still shows my personality - girly and fun. I do wear stockings so that I'm not just shoving my bare legs out there :P

Hosiery: Donna Karen "The Nudes" Hosiery

If you do opt for a skirt over pants, wearing "hosiery" (that sounds soooo fancy and Upper East Side New York) or stockings is a must! No matter the length of your skirt, if you are showing even a tiniest hint of your ankle (which at that point might as well wear pants) you should definitely put a pair on to make your legs the best they can look. I like it when they match your skin tone as oppose to black stockings which can look harsh. Donna Karen "The Nudes" offers a wide variety of colors, so hopefully you can find one that matches your skin the best.

Top: Express

My top is actually a tank top. I found that tank tops looked better under my jacket because they didn't have sleeves that would fold into itself when I put my jacket on making me look like the Hulk. But this is a personal preference, I have seen others wear long sleeves and look really great as well. As for color, I really like the conservative idea of going with a neutral shade - in my case, blush. Instead of having your outfit make you stand out, which can be taken as flashy, I think that a conservative look with a neutral colored shirt can never go wrong. 

Shoes: Gianni Bini

YES! These are my favorite shoes I wear all the time. They are pointed-toe black suede pumps. I initially bought them for my class where I needed to dress up professional in and have fallen in love with them ever since. I wear them everywhere which have good and bad consequences. Good because they fit like a glove, yes admittedly after each interview I curse myself for wearing them but during the day portion I don't look funny walking in them at least. Bad because they do get dirty, but there are always techniques to properly clean them so I'm not too worried. 

Accessories:

I try to keep my accessories at a minimal. It's not pictured above, but I do wear my Dogeared "Free Bird" necklace to my interviews, it's very dainty and doesn't distract from the look. I also wear my Michael Kors Watch in rose-gold tone as well which further enhance the professional look in my opinion. I also wear my small dainty infinity ring as well to interviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment