4.9.14

The Perfect End To My Summer

This summer was definitely a memorable one. Although, I failed to blog regularly like I had hoped I did accomplish a lot of the things that I had originally set out to do. I loved my time at the Mayo Clinic as an Undergraduate Research Fellow and I am so glad that I had such a productive summer. Unfortunately, keeping busy does have it downside as I had to reschedule my MCAT to this October. But no fear, I am already studying away for the test. 

I just wanted to do a little throw back blog to the end of the summer, where I visited one of my closest friends in New York City - the city where Blair Waldorf ruled over and where dreams come true. I had such an amazing time and I definitely wished I had taken more photos but here are some photos of my 3-day trip to New York.

Selfie before going on my red-eye flight, I've never flown anywhere by myself before!


Classic tourist picture in front of Columbia, my friend was in the program so I got to wake up to the beautiful campus while I was in New York.


In Korean town there are endless choices for food, but we settled on Kunjip which was reportedly "world-famous" according to my friend, but I'm sure he was just hungry and ready to eat. 



Random Korean-town bakeries are the best :) This was a delicious strawberry mousse that I ordered.


We visited Dominique Ansel's Bakery in Soho. Unfortunately, the cronut were sold out for the day but we got a chance to try these other delicious treats. This is the Mademoiselle, described on the website as "A classic French religiuse pastry that is a two-tiered cream puff, delicately flavored with lavender and honey cream". It was sooo delicious, and honestly the most beautiful thing I've ever put in my mouth. 


This is my friend eating the Frozen S'mores, which was also delicious as a contrast to the blazing New York City heat. 


Of course when in New York, you have to take a Time Square selfie, so here we are on a night out in town. 


On Saturday morning, we headed over to the Chelsea Market, this area was nicknamed the "gay-berhood" by my friends and I can definitely understand why everything was so fabulous! Definitely one of my favorite areas in New York City.   
                   
What kind of New Yorker does not have a Subway selfie?


Sunday Brunch at Sarabeth's on Central Park. This was one of my favorite places that I got a chance to eat at because Gossip Girl has referenced this restaurant countless times and Serena and Blair usually grab their Sunday Brunch to-go, I of course called being Blair at brunch <3


Finally, last picture in New York taken at Central Park. I love the tidbit of the New York skyline in this picture contrasting with the serenity of Central Park's green-ess. Even though my trip to New York City was short, I enjoyed every second of it and it was definitely very worth it to be in the City that Never Sleeps even if just for a short period of time. Until next time New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment