1.2.15

Vanilla Cupcake w/ Strawberry Whipped Marscapone Frosting

So... after the last couple of week's failure I refused to let this week's baking adventure suffer. Instead of trying a new recipe I decided it would be fun to bake an old recipe that I have baked and loved. 

I will always stand by the statement that you can never go wrong with vanilla cupcake/cake/pie/ice cream/ or anything else for that matter. This cupcake was seriously like a fluffy comforting pillow of vanilla-y goodness to make me feel like I'm competent in the kitchen again -__- 

The frosting was something I have been wanting to try again for a really really really long time. Not to be dramatic, but a couple of years ago I made a Whipped Marscapone Frosting and have been having wet dreams about it every so often haha. So I just had to pair it with this cupcake, I figured adding a little bit of strawberry jam in there would be refreshing and help make this cupcake over the top. I brought these cupcakes up to campus for my residents and they were gone in a second so that definitely help boost my confidence for future baking adventures haha. 
Having the cupcake turns out well encouraged me to be extra with the frosting. The Strawberry Marscapone Frosting turned out to be the prettiest shade of pink, so I thought the rose was only fitting.



My pretty little cupcake garden <3

Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 1 ½ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg, room temp
- 2 egg yolks, room temp
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract 

  1. Heat the oven to 350o degrees and line the cupcake pan with liners. 
  2. Add the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt) together and mix it together.
  3. Beat the butter until creamy and add the wet ingredients (sour cream, egg, egg yolks, vanilla) all together. 
  4. Slowly add the mixture of dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix it all together.
  5. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full (for both regular-sized and cute-sized cupcakes).
  6. For the mini-cupcakes they should be in the oven 12-15 minutes. This really depends on your oven so check with a toothpick to be sure, I will not be hold responsible for undercooked or burnt cupcakes haha. 
  7. For regular-sized cupcakes, it should take 20-25 minutes. [This is one of the main reasons I don't bake regular-sized cupcakes, I hate the waiting game.]

Strawberry Marscapone Frosting:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. marscapone cheese
- 4 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar (or more if you like, unfortunately my mom is a health freak who was giving me the eye when I was adding in the powdered sugar so I had to stop)

  1. Using a mixer, whisk the heavy whipping cream until there are stiff-peaks. 
  2. Add the marscapone cheese in and continue whisking it together so it is uniform.
  3. Then add the strawberry jam in.
  4. Slowly add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time and mix it into the frosting mixture, if you want more sugar add more than the 1 cup but I thought it was super delicious with the 1 cup since the strawberry jam is already adding a lot of the sweetness as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment