11.12.14

My Obsession of The Moment - Planners

Even though my room is messy, my mind is organized I swear! One of my favorite things in life are planners. It has been a recently developed obsession stemming from watching too many Youtube videos of everyone and their mamas talking about their planners. But I have gotten into decorating my planners as a way to motivate myself to get my shiz  together. Washi tapes, stickers, the whole nine yards! As the year is coming to a close, I am sooo very excited to be switching from my current planner to a Day Designer by Whitney English.

In earlier posts, I have showed you guys my current planner. It is a Blue Sky Planner from Target. What I love about it is the size, it is the standard paper size so I usually stuff any loose papers I have into my planner, which I carry with me everywhere... literally! It has a monthly view as well as a weekly view, which I love. Over the summer I used it religiously everyday in order to help me plan out my study schedule for the MCAT. I did not have a pre-made schedule I was following nor was I taking a class so I really had to keep myself motivated and keep myself on track. I was literally making up my schedule as I was going through the summer, so writing every thing down and keeping track of my score progress was very important to me. 



This is my current planner back when I really took my time decorating it. 

This is during the midst of my MCAT studying, each subject was color-coded a certain color. 

For 2015, I got the Day Designer as a present for taking my MCAT (I am dramatic... I know). But it has been something that I was literally spending all my free-time researching for - a good planner that will help me be even more organized. I love my current planner, but it was really hard to keep track of my schedule as well as my to-do list in the same space. In the Day Designer, there are a month-at-a-glance page and daily pages. I love that each page is designed for each day (except on the weekend). On one side of the page is your schedule for the day and on the other side of the page is a list of to-dos for that day. I am so excited for the start of the New Year so I could use my new planner!! 

 This is the daily-page view. I have already started putting my class schedule into it, that's how excited I am!

This is one-side of the month-at-a-glance page.

This is the color-coding system for my Day Designer, I taped on the inside of the planner with cute washi tape. 

This is how beautiful it is <3 The pink band is an old glitter-headband I found that goes perfectly with the planner (the inside cover is the exact same color). 

Another action shot, I can't get over how beautiful and sophisticated it looks still!

I got my Day Designer from this really cool website called The Grommet, where they have other "Unique gifts and innovative products by makers" as well. It is such a cool and authentic site helping to spread the ingenious ideas of individuals. Here is the link for it, usually the Day Designer is sold out on the official Etsy account but they seem to always be available at The Grommet. Hope you guys love the Day Designer as much as I love mine already :)!


No comments:

Post a Comment