28.12.14

Visiting the City of Angels

It is winter break! Which means endless days to do whatever my little heart desires. What's the first thing I want to do with my free time? Visit L.A. of course! The City of Angels (and delicious food!). While others will document the place they visit by the sights they see, I usually document the places I visit by the food I eat. Is that bad? I don't think so :) Hope you enjoy my adventures in L.A. through the interesting meals I had and a little bit of the sights I saw ;)
Started my L.A. adventures by hiking and attempting to get close to the Hollywood Sign
We hiked up the trail next to the Griffith Observatory, the scenery was so serene! 
No explanation needed, we had to make a stop at ... Georgetown Cupcake! 
These adorable Rudolphs on the cupcakes more than make up for the horrible L.A. traffic!

I have no regrets about the amount of cupcakes I bought at all... It was so worth it! I have been mesmerized by their taste since my visit in Georgetown a couple of years ago. 

In Irvine, CA lies a wonderful little restaurant called Boiling Point. They serve mouth-watering individual hot-pots of various different flavor. I, of course, ordered Thai Flavor Hot Soup in flaming spicy. It was soo good!
Here's the Fishball Curry Hot Soup! 

The restaurant also served these delicious macaroon/macaron ice cream sandwiches! It was my first time and it was definitely worth the wait all these years.

Another one of my favorite places in California that I always go whenever I visit my family there. Tebo Tebo - the hipster lounge for boba-drinkers. All their drinks are served in the coolest glass and bottles and their menu is so diverse every time I visit I always get the opportunity to try something new. 

This weird-looking spiral on the stick is actually potato, can you believe that?! Ponado is this  strange dish's even stranger name. Paired with sweet and sour sauce, it was the best late night snack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment